Although SASREF is an industrial organization specializing in oil refining the community service support has become a target as per its vision. This commitment to the community care and support springs from the principle of Sasref’s corporate social responsibility.
The social responsibility in SASREF is translated through permanent programs and activities, through which the company participates in the sustainable development of its society, throughout its history.
The social responsibility is embedded in Sasref’s values, which include people welfare, community service and support, achieving a high level of health, safety and environmental protection, and achieve excellence in work with the commitment of business ethics and promote teamwork with a focus on transparency and two-way communication.
During 2018/2019 SASREF presented/sponsored number of activities and events such as:
- SASREF sponsored the 2nd Jubail Energy Management Conference in the period of 13 - 14 January 2019 at Jubail Industrial City which took place at King Abdullah Cultural Center.
- SASREF sponsored an Anti-drug awareness campaign in Jubail schools in cooperation with the Narcotics Control and Jubail education office.
- SASREF Sponsored the East Coast Festival which took place in King Abdullah Park, Dammam sea front on March 2019.
- SASREF sponsored the International Civil Defense Day, between 5th March - 8th March at Jubail City which took place at Al-Salam Park.
- SASREF sponsor the World Environment day 2019 in Jubail Industrial City June 2019.
- SASREF sponsored the 1st Saudi Art Association’s art gallery in Jubail as Gold sponsor which took place in Jubail Sports Club on September 12, 2019.
- SASREF sponsors & participates at the Saudi International Oil Fire Safety Conference SaudiOFSAC taking place 16-18 Sept. 2019 in Riyadh under the patronage of HRH Abdulaziz Bin Saud Bin Naif, the minister of Interior.
- SASREF sponsored the Jubail summer activates as an official sponsor.
- SASREF sponsored the Eid Al-Adha activates as an official sponsor.
- SASREF sponsored the Eid Al-Fitr activates as an official sponsor.
- SASREF sponsored the 89th Saudi National Day activates as an official sponsor.
Donation Participation Program
Since its foundation in 1984 Sasref participates in serving and supporting the society through an annual donation program, both in cash and used materials donation. A yearly budget plan is set for this program to accommodate almost all the charitable and non-profit organizations in Jubail area.
SASREF also offers its staff an opportunity to participate optionally in monthly deduction programs for needy charitable organizations in Jubail. In addition to that Sasref has a yearly company participation program through which the company support all local and international events that take place in Jubail.
The company also participates as a member in many committees in Jubail region such as Jubail Emergency Group, Jubail Industrial Sports and Culture Committee, and the health awareness weekly meeting in the industrial city of Jubail.
The company also provides the society with a social support through its first class beach camp. It offers this camp to the government departments and civil society organizations free of charge, where they can conduct their social and recreational events.
Last, but not least, it is noteworthy that Sasref participates in all these events not to market its products, but it does so as per its social responsibility commitment.
- SASREF sponsored the 2nd scientific camping for the Kingdom orphans in the period of 27th December 2018 to 3rd January 2019 at Dhahran which took place at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals.
- SASREF signed an agreement with Kanaf Charity to provide a medical insurance to the orphans and widows
- SASREF sponsored and supported Tarmeem charity which took place at Sheraton Hotel in Dammam on May 21, 2019.
- SASREF sponsored IFTAR event along with Jubail Dawah and guidance center in Jubail downtown on Wednesday May 22, 2019.
- SASREF sponsored and supported Benaa Charity for Orphans Care during the annual ceremony which took place at Kempinski Hotel in Khobar on May 27, 2019.
- SASREF has been sponsored “school bags project” in coordination with Wahag Women Charity in Jubail Industrial City.
- SASREF contributed to the School Transportation Services provided by the Royal Commission.
Employees and Families
If we look at the concept of corporate social responsibility through this comprehensive perspective, which is a sustainable development.
SASREF’s welfare packages for its staff and their dependents are considered examples of SASREF’s social responsibility program.
- The company offers a distinguished home ownership program to its Saudi employees, since 1990 more than 869 Saudi employees have benefited from this program by owning their own houses.
- There is no doubt that this program has been playing a positive role in promoting the stability of the employee functionally and socially, as also having an impact in stimulating the economic movement and real estate in the region.
- In order to enhance the job security of staff and accumulate their savings, the company launched a generous savings program, through a thrift plan, to encourage and help SASREF’s employees to accumulate savings for their retirement and meet major expenses during their career.
The company offers a range of staff care programs including free health care to staff members and their families inside and outside the Kingdom. More than 3300 SASERF’s people and their eligible dependents are benefiting from this service.
Programs for 2018/2019
- SASREF Drawing contest for employees children
- SASREF 2019 Blood Donation Campaign
- SASREF Employees Children’s day Festival 2019
- SASREF Football Tournament 2019
- SASREF Volleyball Tournament 2019
- SASREF Employees Children School Recognition 2019
- 89th Saudi National Day Celebration attended by employees and their families at SASREF Waha
- 89th Saudi National Day Celebration attended by all SASREF employees at all SASREF premises
- SASREF Baloot Championship 2019
- SASREF participated in the 9th Royal Commission Football Tournament
- Intentional Health Day 2019
- SASREF Safety Day 2019
- SASREF Turnaround Campaign 2019